athavaneng.com
athavaneng.com
chrome

Fire engulfs Chennai Silks textile showroom

In
Published: 07:17 GMT, May 31, 2017 |
0 Comments
1106
chennai silks blaze

A fire broke out in Chennai Silks textile showroom at T Nagar here on Wednesday morning (May 31). No casualty was reported. Twelve men who were working in the canteen on the seventh floor were rescued using a skylift.

A security guard, who saw smoke emanating from the ground floor, alerted fire personnel around 4.30am.

Eight fire tenders from T Nagar, Egmore and Kilpauk were rushed to the spot.

Smoke kept emanating from all seven floors of the building. Efforts were on to extinguish the fire.More than 70 fire and rescue services personnel were battling the blaze.

Firemen said the fire could have caused electric short circuit. However, the exact cause was yet to be ascertained.

Police said there were cracks on the building.