athavaneng.com
athavaneng.com
chrome

Man dies and wife and son seriously ill after ‘carbon monoxide poisoning’ at holiday chalet

In
Updated: 00:00 GMT, Jan 1, 1970 | Published: 04:47 GMT, Nov 24, 2015 |
0 Comments
1725

A man has died and his wife and son are seriously ill after suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at a holiday chalet in the Scottish Borders.

The family was staying at the Soonhope Chalets near Peebles when the incident happened late on Saturday night.

A 59-year-old man, named locally as Michael Travers, died while his 60-year-old wife and 31-year-old son were rushed to hospital.

Mr Travers managed to raise the alarm after finding his family unconscious, sources said.

But he also soon fell ill and was pronounced dead at the property when medics arrived.

His wife and son are being treated at Edinburgh Royal Infirmary.